SIXTH FORM 16 – 19 BURSARY POLICY
The 16-19 Bursary Funds are paid by the Education Funding Agency (EFA) to Schools, Colleges and Providers so that they may provide financial help to students whose access to or completion of education might be inhibited by financial consideration. The Bursary Fund will be used to pay Guaranteed Bursaries and Discretionary Bursaries.
Our primary objective for all students in the sixth form is to ensure they develop the character to underpin the rest of their lives. Of course, character is developed a context and at this stage in a student’s education the focus is on Advanced Level studies which requires commitment to self-development and the fortitude required for independent study. This process of learning develops students to take on the mantle of scholarship and all that is required for further study at university or elsewhere.
Of course, we are committed to closing any attainment gap between students from different backgrounds and where the degree of affluence limits a student’s ability to engage and participate the Emmanuel College Discretionary Bursary is available.
The bursary award demonstrates our commitment to:
• Ensuring that the distribution of 16-19 bursaries is made in a fair and equitable manner such that that it is transparent, accountable, and easily understood.
• Ensuring that information regarding the application, award, and administration of 16-19 bursaries is publically available via the school website and via sixth form administration.
• Widening access to, and participation in, sixth form education.
• Monitoring and reviewing our policies to ensure effectiveness.
• Setting high targets and objectives to develop scholarship in each student so that each student is better equipped to move forward to Higher Education, Further Education or Apprenticeships or employment.
A full copy of the 16-19 Bursary Policy can be found on the link below.