CAREERS EDUCATION AND GUIDANCE
Our comprehensive Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance programme for Year 8 to Year 11 pupils is designed to ensure that all our students are supported to develop the skills and knowledge they will need to make successful educational and career choices.
This is delivered through timetabled Careers based LIFE lessons, individual support and a programme of evening and weekend careers events as detailed in the Careers Calendar. Individual subject departments are also keen to relate their subject to the world of work and regularly invite former students, working parents and local employers into the classroom.
Careers Information Advice – Entitlement
Young people in schools are entitled to:
- Support from a Personal Tutor who knows them well and who can help them to access specialist advice and ensure any learning needs or issues are quickly addressed.
- High quality programmes of careers education which help young people to plan and manage their own careers.
- Impartial information advice and guidance about learning and work options including about Apprenticeships, Diplomas, Foundation Learning and GCSEs/A Levels.
- Information, advice and guidance about the benefits of higher education and how to access the opportunities that it affords.
- A programme of work related learning (in Years 10 and 11), giving young people direct insights into the world of work.
All young people are entitled to access through wider commissioned services:
- One to one advice and support from a specialist careers adviser when needed.
- Further specialist support from local services as needed.
- Information on all local learning programmes for 14-19 year olds via their local 14-19 prospectus.
- Support for young people to move to adult information, advice and guidance services when they reach the appropriate age.
Careers Programme @ Trinity – LIFE Overview
LIFE lessons here at Trinity Academy are an important strand in the curriculum and is followed by all students from Years 7-11. The LIFE programme is wide and varied and aims to enable students to become:
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve;
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives;
- Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society.
LIFE lessons are intended to be relaxed but focused sessions where students can:
- Acquire relevant information and increase their knowledge;
- Develop their own values and attitudes;
- Develop a range of skills that will enable them to participate actively in society.
LIFE lessons, however, are only the starting point. Students are shown where they can access relevant resources (leaflets, helplines and websites) for advice, support and guidance so that they can help themselves – so important in today’s increasingly challenging world.
Raising The Participation Age – Useful information
For more Information Facts for Local Authorities, Parents, Employers, Pre 16 Providers, Post 16 Providers and Young People please click on the following link: