The Business and Computing department has 12 dedicated classrooms. Each of the air conditioned rooms is equipped with networked students’ PCs and a teachers’ PC connected to an overhead projector with viewing screen.
All students have access to the Trinity Academy Intranet and filtered access to the Internet. The department has a comprehensive digital video library and a shared area where students can access a range of resources to help them with their studies.
We also offer a very popular Computer Club and encourage our students to take part in national and international competitions including the IFS Share competition, ‘Young Enterprise’ and the Royal Economic Society’s Economics essay competition.
Key Stage 3
This is a core subject for Key Stage 3 (Years 7 and 8). During these years we cover the following topics:
- Using computers safely, effectively and responsibly.
- Computer Crime and Cyber Security
- Office based applications – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Modelling and controlling
- Games Programming
- Small Basic
- Programming using Python
Key Stage 4
Beyond Key Stage 3 students may choose to continue studies within Business and Computing. At present we offer the following courses:
GCSE Business Studies
- Theme 1: Investigating small business
- Theme 2: Building a business
BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Enterprise
- Enterprise in the Business World
- Finance for Business
- Promoting a Brand
- Principles of Customer Service
GCSE Computer Science
- Computer systems
- Computational thinking, algorithms and programming
- Exploring User Interface Design Principles and Project Planning Techniques
- Collecting, Presenting and Interpreting Data
- Effective Digital Working Practices
Key Stage 5
At Key Stage 5 students may choose to continue studies within Business and Computing. At present we offer the following courses:
A Level Business Studies
A Level Computer Science
A Level Economics
BTEC Travel and Tourism
BTEC Games Design and Development