Health and Social Care is a subject where students have plenty of opportunities to be enterprising and innovative. Most students in the department will be given the exciting opportunity to work with one of the following client groups.
- Health (fitness and wellbeing)
- Early years (care and education)
- Care of older people
- Individuals with specific needs
This course is currently offered to Key Stage 4 (Years 10 and 11) and Key Stage 5 (Years 12 and 13).
Key Stage 4
The BTEC Tech Award Level 2 in Health and Social Care course covers the following topics:
- Component 1: Human Lifespan Development.
- Component 2: Health and Social Care Services and Values.
- Component 3: Health and Well Being.
Key Stage 5
Beyond Key Stage 4 we currently offer students the opportunity to study BTEC Level 3 in Health and Social Care, offering both:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care (1 A Level equivalent).
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (2 A Level equivalent).