Below are our current scheduled revision sessions we will be holding for our Yr 11 students during the upcoming rehearsal examinations. Sessions run between 8:00 to 8:30 am.
Date Date Subject/Location 27th January Monday Maths. Classrooms 28th January Tuesday English. Lecture Theatre 30th January Thursday English. Lecture Theatre 31st January Friday Maths. Classrooms 4th February Tuesday Maths. Classrooms
Year 9 Rehearsals – Parent Letter – Updated 05/02/2020
Year 9 Rehearsal Timetable – Updated 05/02/2020
Y13 Student Rehearsal Timetable January – Updated 09/01/2020
To find information on specific year groups and guides please use the links below. They will be updated with information for the 2019-20 calendar year as it is published.
Tips on approaching your examinations
One of the best ways to beat the nerves on exam day is to plan ahead and be prepared. Read through the advice below to help you think about getting ready for exams:Tips on approaching your examinations.
- Try to reach your revision targets but don’t study too much and leave yourself tired.
- Get a good night’s rest, eat well and drink plenty of water.
- Get organised for the exam, checking you have everything you need and understand what is involved.
- Arrive for your exam early – you will add to the pressure if you are running late.
- Exam papers contain all of the guidance you need. Take the time to understand the questions, the marks involved and which questions appear difficult. Start with your strongest areas offering the most marks to give yourself a confident start.
- Bring a watch or other time-keeping equipment (within the rules of the exam) to time your answers and pace yourself correctly.
- Make draft notes for long answers to plan your work and help remember all of the key areas.
- Try and leave enough time to read through your answers before the exam closes.
- You cannot change answers once the exam is finished so don’t worry about questions you found difficult, or you feel may not be correct. Instead, try to think about how you can improve your approach ready for your next exam.