To find information on specific year groups and guides please use the links below. They will be updated with information for the 2018-19 calendar year as it is published.
Year 10 – 2nd Rehearsal Timetable – Y10 Rehearsal Examinations 24th June – 5th July 2019
Year 12 – 2nd Rehearsal Timetable – Y12 Rehearsal Examinations 25th June – 1st July 2019
Year 12 Rehearsal Examinations Revision Guide – Revision Guide for the Y12 Rehearsal Exams 24th June – 1st July 2019.
Tips on approaching your examinations
One of the best ways to beat the nerves on exam day is to plan ahead and be prepared. Read through the advice below to help you think about getting ready for exams:Tips on approaching your examinations.
- Try to reach your revision targets but don’t study too much and leave yourself tired.
- Get a good night’s rest, eat well and drink plenty of water.
- Get organised for the exam, checking you have everything you need and understand what is involved.
- Arrive for your exam early – you will add to the pressure if you are running late.
- Exam papers contain all of the guidance you need. Take the time to understand the questions, the marks involved and which questions appear difficult. Start with your strongest areas offering the most marks to give yourself a confident start.
- Bring a watch or other time-keeping equipment (within the rules of the exam) to time your answers and pace yourself correctly.
- Make draft notes for long answers to plan your work and help remember all of the key areas.
- Try and leave enough time to read through your answers before the exam closes.
- You cannot change answers once the exam is finished so don’t worry about questions you found difficult, or you feel may not be correct. Instead, try to think about how you can improve your approach ready for your next exam.