Our Careers Programme at Trinity Academy is committed to developing a whole school approach to providing all students with up-to-date, impartial, independent and varied careers, education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) as defined by the CDI framework and the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks.
Our comprehensive Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance programme for Year 7 to Year 13 pupils is designed to ensure that all our students are supported to develop the skills and knowledge they will need to make successful educational and career choices.
Please click the link below for Trinity’s Career’s Plan overview for 2018-19.
TA Careers Plan – Overview 2018-19
This is delivered through timetabled Careers based LIFE lessons, individual support and a programme of in house, evening and weekend careers events. Individual subject departments are also keen to relate their subject to the world of work though careers linked displays and regularly invite former students, working parents and local employers into the classroom.
Through our Careers Programme young people will secure:
- Encounters with employers, with workplaces and with further and higher education providers.
- Information about jobs and how the curriculum connects careers.
- A plan tailored to individual needs and supported by guidance.
Students can access careers information in a variety of ways at Trinity Academy including:
- Attending an appointment with Mrs Beddoes or Miss Churchill (these can be booked via tutors/subject teachers/head of year/learning mentors).
- Drop in sessions – these are advertised weekly.
- Break time drop in – Mrs Anderson.
Our guidance and support aims to guarantee students have clear, aspirational and realistic goals for their future study. This it turn secures increased motivation towards studies, higher self-esteem, greater attainment at GCSE, and ever improving staying on rates at FE, leading to all our learners securing meaningful and engaging employment.
Careers Programme @ Trinity – LIFE Overview
LIFE lessons here at Trinity Academy are an important strand in the curriculum and is followed by all students from Years 7-11. The LIFE programme is wide and varied and aims to enable students to become:
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve;
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives;
- Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society.
LIFE lessons are intended to be relaxed but focused sessions where students can:
- Acquire relevant information and increase their knowledge;
- Develop their own values and attitudes;
- Develop a range of skills that will enable them to participate actively in society.
LIFE lessons, however, are only the starting point. Students are shown where they can access relevant resources (leaflets, helplines and websites) for advice, support and guidance so that they can help themselves – so important in today’s increasingly challenging world.