Our vision is to encourage students to take pride in themselves, increase their resilience and create an aspirational generation of young adults for our local and wider community.
Careers Information Advice – Entitlement
All young people at Trinity Academy are entitled to:
- Support from a Personal Tutor who knows them well and who can help them to access specialist advice and ensure any learning needs or issues are quickly addressed.
- High quality programmes of careers education which help young people to plan and manage their own careers.
- Impartial information advice and guidance about learning and work options including about Apprenticeships, Diplomas, Foundation Learning and GCSEs/A Levels.
- Information, advice and guidance about the benefits of higher education and how to access the opportunities that it affords.
- A programme of work related learning (in Years 10 and 12), giving young people direct insights into the world of work.
All young people at Trinity Academy are entitled to access through wider commissioned services and external providers:
- One to one advice and support from a specialist careers adviser when needed.
- Information and discussion in lessons and assemblies to help students make informed decisions about their future.
- Activities and Events such as careers fairs/employability workshops/work experience.
- Further specialist support from local services as needed.
- Information on all local learning programmes for 14-19 year olds via their local 14-19 prospectus.
- Support for young people to move to adult information, advice and guidance services when they reach the appropriate age.
We are committed to the vision laid out in the DfE January 2018 document “Careers Guidance and Access for Education and Training Providers” in that:
- Trinity Academy has begun to offer every young person at least one meaningful encounter with employers per year, from Years 7 to 13.
- Trinity Academy has appointed a named person to the role of Careers Leader.
- Trinity Academy has published details of its destination data and careers programme.
- Trinity Academy has begun using the Gatsby Benchmarks to improve careers provision, aiming to ensure that all of them are met by the end of December 2020.